Saturday, September 26, 2015

Thank You on Our 18th Wedding Anniversay

To My Beloved,
Happy Anniversary. Here we are celebrating 18 years of marriage and 20 years in a partnership of commitment and love. On this momentous day I am reminded that I have had you in my life more years then I was without you. It is a pivotal point and it encourages a shift in perspective. When I reflect on the past 20 years, the overwhelming feeling that emerges for me is gratefulness and I wanted to take the opportunity to express it. So here it goes:

Thank you for creating space in our marriage for me to explore, evolve and grow; from the girl you met to the woman I am today.

Thank you for wanting the same from me so that you could aspire to the goals and dreams that you had for yourself.

Thank you for  walking beside me, not behind and not in front.

Thank you for turning in when there was anger, hurt and frustration and when it would have been much easier to turn out.

Thank you for being the container and the stability when I could be nothing more then chaos and confusion.

Thank you for trusting me with your vulnerability, your wounds and the scars.

Thank you for challenging me when you knew what I was capable of and saw me holding back. Thank you for being my cheerleader.

Thank you for letting me be wrong so that I could learn how to make it right. Thank you for letting me be right when you knew that I was wrong.

Thank you for being an amazing parent to our children and an example of loyalty, compassion and love where they will build their foundations and launch from.

Thank you for fostering a partnership free of judgement, competition and jealousy.

Thank you for loving me day in and day out for the past 20 years.


Happy Anniversary.
With Love and Gratitude,
Me

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post on the reflection of a true partnership. Your words are full of admiration, respect, love, and just the joy of being together... I enjoyed read it ;) Cheers to you both and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete